Marketing Action Plan
Our proven Marketing Action Plan (MAP) development process starts by establishing a measurable success statement. Then key audiences, their role in your success and their required beliefs are identified and prioritized. The final step in MAP development outlines the tactical processes that need to be accomplished for service sector clients to achieve their goals.
Who are the target audiences that will influence your success?
What are the required actions of each audience that will result in your success?
What are the beliefs/motivations for each audience that will lead to your success?
What processes will cause each audience to take the actions necessary for your success?
Choose one of our Marketing Action Plan Options.
Option 1 GUIDED MAP DEVELOPMENT
Working remotely, a senior Stamp team member will train and consult with your organization and key stakeholders through the MAP development process.
Option 2 COMPREHENSIVE MAP DEVELOPMENT
Working remotely, the Stamp team will work collaboratively with your organization’s staff and key stakeholders to train, guide and develop your Marketing Action Plan. Includes a review of any primary research conducted for your organization that you provide.
- Phase 1—Virtual Familiarization/Preliminary MAP Development: Performed with the Stamp project team via video conference.
- Phase 2—MAP Development: Our team collaborates internally, then with your staff to complete the MAP.
- Phase 3—Facilitated MAP Presentation: Once the MAP is complete, a senior Stamp team member will conduct a facilitated presentation session via video conference with the organization’s staff, board or committee members, stakeholders, etc.
Option 3 ON-SITE MAP DEVELOPMENT
Includes comprehensive MAP Development services (see above) with an On-Site Familiarization Tour/MAP Development session and an On-Site MAP presentation/discussion session. Cost includes all travel and expenses for Stamp team members.
- Phase 1—On-Site Familiarization Tour/Preliminary MAP Development: Three+ days dedicated to travel to and from client location, on-site familiarization, stakeholder meetings, lunches and dinners if desired, and in-person stakeholder MAP introduction/development sessions if desired.
- Phase 2—MAP Refinement: Our team collaborates internally, then with your staff to complete the MAP. Completed documents and supporting reports will be ready for presentation within 30 days.
- Phase 3—MAP Presentation: A senior Stamp team member will visit the client’s location for a facilitated presentation session with the organization’s staff, board or committee members, stakeholders, etc.